Thursday, July 21, 2011

Signing away my life...and my savings!

In just one week I will be sitting down in an office, signing paperwork and handing over a hefty check all in order to become a HOME OWNER.  I'm excited.  No really, I am.  The thought of having my own home, a place to go after work, kick off my shoes and just veg out in, is quite appealing. Having a home to invite family and friends to for the holiday's or just whenever I want to see their funny familar faces will be joyous.  I am looking forward to all the fun of being a homeowner and even learning how to deal with the uh-oh's that are to come with it.  So why aren't I jumping up and down and screaming like a giddy school girl that just caught a glimpse of Johnny Depp (yeah, dating myself)?!  I have no idea! 

Perhaps I have become emotionally inept or maybe it just hasn't hit me yet.  I just feel as though everyone around me is WAY more excited than I am about this, well way more outwardly excited.  Although maybe it's just with everything else weighing on my mind these days my home owner excitedness has been pushed to the back burner.  You know, that back burner that only occasionally lights after a few tries.  Eh, who the hell knows.  I should have followed my Professors advice in college and taken more psychiatry classes and then I'd have a glimpse into the unknown.  Ha. Riiiight. ;o)

I'm sure once I have the key in hand and am out with Hunter picking out paint colors and furniture all the excitement will rush to my brain letting out a huge "Yippee, we're going to Disney World!" or something like that!

Anywho, other things on my mind include... my son is growing too quickly, an email I received this morning from Ken Baumann letting me know he will be shipping me out a copy of The Complete Works of Marvin K Mooney (sooo excited about this book), 2 minutes til lunch, the multitude of paint colors and the odd names they have, a migraine, tomorrow is Friday, will the jerk arrive on Sunday, I need coffee, will I hit the lotto, vacation would be nice, when will they finish knocking down the connecting building and will we topple down before that happens, work piled on my desk would look better placed in a folder in the recycling bin, I hope that my friend Kelly is doing okay after losing her friend, tomorrow Sprint is going to wish they would have closed early when I get there, and finally I'm sick of hearing about raising the damn debt....why in all things donkey related would that be a good idea.  If we can't get out of the debt we are in now, why raise it so we can go further in debt??!!  Helloooo, how about ya stop spending copious amounts of money on bs and learn how to budget!  Ugh...and that's my mini rant for the day.  What's yours?!

No comments:

Post a Comment