Thursday, July 7, 2011

Like Whoa

Yikes! So it seems I have been neglecting my blog already but it's okay since the past few days have been running into each other.  Sort of feels like I lay my head down on my pillow, blink and the dang alarm is screeching it's joyous tune.

Anyway, let's see...over the holiday weekend I went to a couple cookouts, relaxed in the sun, went to a local fair and hung out with family.  Normally when it comes to family related get togethers I would have some crazy story about this, that and the other but either my family is becoming more socially normal or I just didn't stay long enough! I'm going to take a guess here and say I just didn't stay long enough, ha. 

The fair on the other hand, you can walk in and right back out and you will have numerous stories to tell.  It starts with the 20 minutes of circling parking lots and nearby streets to find a parking spot.  The feeling of "Oooh, there's a spot" only to pull up and find some rinky dink, sorry excuse for a vehicle parked there or better yet, an elderly woman with her walker standing in the spot saving it for chuck or chip, whatever the kids name was that clearly pushed her out of the car...I mean c'mon, when did Grandma become a space holder?!  Though I suppose I'm not much better since when I finally found a spot it was one I snaked as an old man pulled away from his house...ha, whoops! Then upon entering the fair you walk past the "beer garden" and I will let your own mind ponder about what you might find in there, but I will add that I arrived at the fair around 7pm so at this point most of those people had been in there drinking alllll day. ;o)  I don't want to entirely blog about the fair so I will sum it up: half dressed drunks walking around attemping to sing along to Eddie Monie as the speakers squeal along with their voices, babies that look like they just left the canal being passed hand to hand in the fog of smoke, rusted rides that should be retired along with the operators, and glorious fair food drenched in whatever goodness you choose.  Nothing beats local fairs! 

The rest of my week has been a tad dull compared to my visit to the fair but thankfully it's only a 4 day work week.  I've drank numerous cups of coffee, typed up and read more emails than one should, goofed off online during work hours, re-lost a friend over them being pathetic, scheduled my house inspection so that I can figure out how dirty my hands are going to get prior to settlement, scratched my head (no, not lice, just dry), rethought my supermom theory and then decided "nope, I'm still kickass", woke up on Thursday thinking it was Friday...major bummer, and now am about to travel downtown to get a new plastic square that gives me access to my building, my floor, my office and most importantly the lunch room because the one I currently wear around my neck pooped out on me. Yeppers, my week so far in a nutshell.  Okay, I left a few things out but no worries, I'm sure I'll share those stories down the line. :o)

For now I am off to answer more emails and watch the clock tick slowly as it creeps to 4:30. 

(ps. there was something else I wanted to write but I've been interupted so many times while writing that I lost it somewhere in this jumbled head of mine...keep a watch out for a random blog if I ever remember.)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a very interesting past few days. I love fairs for the people watching. Doesn't it always make you feel a little better about yourself?

    ReplyDelete